This course meets the requirements of The Department of Professional Regulation as outlined in the Detective Act.
It covers security fundamentals for new officers and provides a review for experienced employees who want to earn state certification in this course.
Student will received a PERC (Permanent Employee Registration Card) which is needed for employment with private security agencies.
- Security Officer Code of Ethics
- Public Relations, Human Relation and Civil Rights
- Illinois Criminal Code (related to protection of person and property)
- Fire and Accident Prevention; Fire Safety
- Patrol Procedures
- Liability Issues
- Use of Force
- Arrest and Control Techniques
- Laws (regarding arrest, search and seizure)
- Report Writing and Service Process
- The Law on Private Security/Reporting to Law Enforcement Agencies