This class is for those who want to obtain their FCC (Firearms Control Card). The FCC is required for employment in armed security in the State of Illinois. IDFPR (Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulations) is the state agency which regulates those who hold a professional license.
Training includes 20 hours of unarmed PERC training, and 20 hours of the required course topics listed below:
Course Topic Overview:
- Instruction in the dangers of and misuse of firearms, their storage, safety rules, and care and cleaning of firearms
- Practice firing on a range with live ammunition
- Instruction in the legal use of firearms
- A presentation of the ethical and moral considerations necessary for any person who possesses a firearm
- A review of the laws regarding arrests search, and seizure
- Liability for acts that may be performed in the course of employment.
An examination will be given upon completion of the course. A score of 70% or higher is required to pass. The exam will consist of a written test, and practical test. Successful completion shall be determined by the Department.